We all know tail wagging and playing can be extremely tiring. That’s why our pups need a break too! If we are being honest, we all know they make the best holiday companion anyway. Although, it is often a struggle finding dog friendly holidays these days! Well… that’s why we have taken the time to pick our top 5 dog friendly holiday UK destinations. Taking the stress out of the holiday planning. Meaning you and your furry friends can soak up all the fun.
1. Cumbria Dog Friendly Holiday – The Lake District
The home of Bugalugs of course! Come visit Max in the Lake District and enjoy the gorgeous rural scenery of Northern England. The Lake District is the perfect destination for adventure pups that love the outdoor life. Don’t worry! You won’t be short of accommodation and pet friendly towns and villages in Cumbria!
- Windermere (England’s largest lake)
- any routes around Grasmere – a popular well-known area, as it was the sites inspired Wordsworth’s famous Daffodil’s poem.
- Cherry Hill cottage,
- Little Beck.
Looking to camp? We highly recommend The Quiet Site. The ultimate doggy destination – it even includes dog showers. So don’t forget your travel size 250ml Bugalugs shampoos!
2. Northumberland Dog Friendly Holiday – Northeast England
Northumberland is England’s most north-eastern county, with Scotland at the north and many glorious beaches. The area is known for its grand architecture and landscapes, with many parks to visit. The perfect area for your dog to run free, explore, and get muddy as ever! After all, muddy paws means it was a fun day! Additionally, With many dog friendly activities, Northumberland is a great holiday location for you and your pup.
- Walks in Northumberland National Park,
- Kielder Forest,
- Northumberland Coast,
- Dunstanburgh Castle,
- Amble Links.
- Alnwick Lodge,
- The Cook & Barker Lodge,
- The Bamburgh Castle Inn,
- Clennell Hall Country House.
3. North Yorkshire Dog Friendly Holiday
Home of the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors, North Yorkshire is packed with exciting adventures for you and your four-legged friend. From the breathing taking hills and valleys to charming fur-iendly markets and villages. North Yorkshire is packed with destinations for pups, especially those that love to explore and make fur-ends!
- Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors,
- Skipton Castle,
- Bolton Abbey,
- Skipton boat trips,
- Runswick Bay,
- Robin Hood’s Bay,
- Parcevall Hall gardens,
- Whitby Beach.
- The White Swan Inn,
- North Yorkshire, Pickering,
- Feather Hotel, North Yorkshire, Helmsley.
- The Kings Head Inn, North Yorkshire, Great Ayton,
- Horseshoe Hotel, North Yorkshire Whitby.
4. Cornwall Dog Friendly Holiday
Known for its sublime beaches, glorious views and tropical paradise aesthetic. Of course, Cornwall is the place you are your dog want to be. It is the perfect UK summer holiday! From the luxury beaches to doggy spas and muddy adventures, your four-legged friends will be spoilt for choice!
- Holywell Bay – famously known for being a key location in the filming of Poldark on BBC,
- Lusty glaze – which includes a dog friendly restaurant,
- Trebah Gardens,
- Charwell Dog Adventures.
- Portscatho Holidays – A family run business with the largest selection of holiday homes.
- Hotel Victoria Newquay,
- Cadwith Cove Inn, Cornwall.
5. London Dog Friendly Holiday
You may not believe it, but London is a fur-iendly place! The capital of England is known for its many tourist sites and exciting venues. However, the busy city has many hotspots for doggy holidays too! Especially, packed with cute doggy cafés and walking activities, London is the place to be. Hence, It’s the perfect destination for the pampered pooches of the world!
- Rooftop Film Club at Bussey Building,
- Surrey Docks City Farm,
- Sail on the Regents Canal,
- The Brunel Museum,
- Paws for Coffee Cafe
- Dandie Dog Cafe
- Hally’s Parsons Green Cafe
- Bluebird Café, Chelsea.
- Smart Hyde Park View,
- Hotel Indigo London,
- Royal Lancaster London,
- The Montague On The Gardens,
- The Chesterfield Mayfair, One Aldwych.
Don’t forget the essentials!
Remember to pack your new Bugalugs 250ml Shampoo! Available in all the Bugalugs fragrances, the new smaller size bottles are, perfect for your pup on the go.
Grab your 250ml Shampoo now! Available for £5.99 on the Bugalugs website.